Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2020

Happy Birthday Waddles

Tonight I am remembering the belated birthday trip we took to the Oregon Coast and how blissfully happy you were. Looking back over a handful of pictures and I can't help but hear that iconic laugh. If I close my eyes hard enough I can hear the waves and smell the salt in the air as the memory of you playing in the tide pools in a bitterly cold January weather come flooding back. And so to honor you on what should have been your 50th birthday I thought I'd post my favorite pictures from a time when life was still complicated but not so impossible that we couldn't tackle what it threw at us together.

It still amazes me that you waltzed so easily into my life almost 20 years ago and then just as swiftly and all too soon you were gone. I still put on a brave face but the reality is there still aren't many days that go by that I don't have some thought of you and all that should have been.

Happy heavenly birthday Waddles.

Always and forever, all my love,

No comments: