Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Interrupt vs. Interject


Apparently in the la la land of all things manly there is a difference.


NO.


SERIOUSLY.


I have it from a good source. A very masculine source.


Wanna know how I found out… I know… the suspense is killing you…

*Paraphrased because he woke from dreamland at 8:00 in the morning, but pretty sure this is almost spot on to the conversation... minus some acute laughter on both our parts*


Me: and in my dream I was looking through all these pictures in this random book and there were people from high school and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah….

Cell phone: (dead air) “Call Ended”

Cell phone: ring ring

Mr. Waddles: Did you not even realize you couldn’t hear me. (Obviously, he lost the call)


Me: No… I couldn’t hear you so I kept babbling.


Mr. Waddles: I kept trying to talk and you kept going, so I figured you were just talking over me like you always do.


Me: Talking over you? I was talking first… that means you were trying to INTERRUPT me… it’s not talking over you if I WAS TALKING FIRST… and I generally keep talking so that I don't forget what I was saying... I don't talk over you...


Mr. Waddles: No, I was trying to INTERJECT… there’s a difference.


Me: There is? If I’m talking it’s INTERRUPTING…


Mr. Waddles: No, it’s INTERJECTING… ask your boss, he’ll tell you… it’s A MAN THING.


Honestly… I couldn’t make that shit up if I tried… every so often you have to wonder what REALLY goes on between those ears…

No comments: