Pages

Monday, July 28, 2008

So Gentle


Jim's hands were like the old country song... "soft and gentle."

We found this caterpillar on our walk to Leigh Lake in Grand Teton National Park last fall and I couldn't get a picture of it on the leaf without throwing off my exposure... always to my rescue, Waddles offered to pick it up for me if I promised not to take a picture of his face and only his hand.

I can still feel the warmth of the fall sunlight trickling through the trees... see his smile... hear his laugh... smell his tobacco... feel his hand in mine.

2 comments:

Star Valley said...

I really love this picture! It shows the tender side of Jim's soul. The caterpiller represents new beginings. That's what you were both working towards when you snapped the picture. Together.

Tara Ann said...

Thank you.

I agree with the symbolism of the new beginnings. I'm sure Jim is somewhere laughing (despite the current situation) that it just is his "Durgan" luck that as he finally got a real break... his time was here was finished.

One of Jim's favorite singers is Alanis Moressette and she sings a song called "Isn't it Ironic" and I have to agree... it is.